Thursday, August 27, 2009

NYC 2009 - Summary

September 21st - 23rd we headed up to New York City for a fun weekend with Aaron & Brooke. This was Aaron's first trip to NYC - we took the country boy to the city and he survived! =)
We did all of the normal NYC tourist attractions: Ground Zero, Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island, Battery Park, Empire State Building, Times Square, ToysRUs, M&M & Hershey Shops, the Subway and of course the brand new CitiFIELD.
Statue of Liberty

Battery Park

Get your mind out of the gutter people - those are eye balls. Haha! Corey and Aaron thought this was hilarious since they looked so much like...I don't think I have to say. So they just had to take a suggestive picture!

Empire State Building
Aaron, Cooper and me on top of the Empire State Building
View of NYC skyline from the Empire State Building

Times Square
Times Square at Night - Aaron & Corey went bar hopping in Manhattan; while Brooke, Cooper and I went to bed (so much for the city that never sleeps).

Elmo was even in NYC for the weekend - Cooper spotted him instantly!

CitiFIELD
The main reason for our trip was to see the METS and Phillies play and experience the new stadium. As most or all of you are aware I lose my husband every night around 7 pm for the METS games - he is a fanatic and severely suffering this season since everyone from the Mets starting roster is injured! Aaron is a huge Phillies fan so he loved that the Phillies whipped up on the Mets.CitiFIELD is absolutely gorgeous and luxurious. Cooper fell asleep during the first inning so Cooper and I headed to the air conditioned Caesar Club House and watched the game sitting on the comfy couches. It was rough let me tell you - haha! Corey, Aaron & Brooke enjoyed the game in our seats - there is not a bad seat in the stadium.

The other highlight of the weekend was finding our brick at CitiFIELD fan walk!

Corey pointed to our brick!

We had a great weekend! I love our annual trips to NYC - it's a great place to visit but I would never want to live there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great trip!! I agree with you that visiting NYC is great but not living there.

The Ez Clan said...

Hey, hey, you guys better watch what you say about our hometown!