Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Tuesday Rant

I stumbled upon a great blog today called Momastery thanks to one of my neighbor's Facebook posts.  I really loved a particular paragraph in today's article and felt like she was describing me.  And I needed to hear it!

We are still having behavior issues with Cooper at school. It's becoming very draining on Corey and I. We have tried everything - reward system, positive reinforcement, punishments, breaks, taking away things - see I said everything!  His teacher's are now keeping a daily journal on him so we can discuss each "not doing what works" event with him, but unfortunately this is to no avail either.  Now he seems to think it is funny when he has bad days or as we call them "big fat X days".   Cooper is a very gifted little boy with high energy who needs to be constantly challenged and lots of structure.  We are starting to think his current school, teachers and curriculum (well lack of curriculum these days) are no longer a fit for him and therefore we need to look for a new school.  I am not excited about this idea - it's a lot of work finding the right school for your kids and frankly I don't have a lot of time right now with everything going on in our life and work.  But, as a Mom it is my job and so I need to suck it up.  We have an interview with a new school on Friday so hopefully everything falls into place as it should be.

I took Tucker back to the ENT yesterday.  He has has a double ear infection for the past 8 days and the antibiotic/steroid ear drops haven't made a dent of improvement.  The ENT was very frazzled to see Tucker's condition and stated something just wasn't normal.  ARGH!!!!  Granted I have been describing how Tucker's ears and drainage look like when he has an infection to the ENT for the past 10 months.    I was so irritated by head almost blew off!  He took a culture from both ears to see if the infection will come back abnormal (aka - MRSA).  If it comes back normal then we will be scheduling to have his adenoids removed in the next two weeks.  As the ENT put it enough is enough!  Really only took him 10 months to understand what we have been saying all along.  And yes, we did get a second option a while ago and was told our children are the 1% who have tubes and still get ear infections.  I find doctors and their record keeping very aggravating since I had kids.  Then again, I didn't visit doctors every other week before having kids so I guess I am just more aware now.

So back to that paragraph, I am going to tailor it a little bit....
"I’m just A LOT to deal with on a daily basis. And I know this. I do not cruise through life. I sort of crash through life. But I also “WOW” through life, too. And so it’s okay. I’ll take the lows with the highs. Basically, I really like myself. And I think I’m an awesome mom. God chose ME for these kiddos and He knows me better than anyone, so I’m gonna be myself. My kids don’t need some fake idea of a perfect mom, they need me -AJ, the real person. I get that."

1 comment:

Heather said...

You're the mom - you always know best! Sorry to hear about your school and ear troubles - I hope you find the perfect school and I'm sending lots of healthy thoughts Tucker's way!!