Monday, December 07, 2009

Our Anniversary - Rome, Italy

For our 5th wedding anniversary Corey planned a trip for the two of us to Rome, Italy for five days (3 days in Rome & 2 days for travel). Yes, you read correctly just the two of us. We had always said that for our 5th anniversary we would take a trip to Europe and then start a family. The family part of course happened for us a little over 17 months ago, but we thought what the heck we would still do Europe anyway. It was a much needed getaway for Corey and I to have quality time together and some R&R. This was the first time that Corey and I had been away from Cooper at the same time. Also, it was the longest amount of time that I had ever been away from Cooper. It was easier than I had thought it would be, but we did so much in the three days that the time went by very quickly!!!

Here was our itinerary - jam packed as you can tell:
Day 1 - Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, and Piazza Navona
Day 2 - Vatican City: St. Peter's Square, St. Peter's Basilica, Vatican Museum, and Sistine Chapel; Piazza Venezia and Victor Emmanuel Monument.
Day 3 - Ancient Rome: Colosseum, Arch of Constantine, Roman Forum, Palatine Hill, Trajan's Column, Trajan's Market, Piazza del Popolo, and Santa Maria del Popolo.

Corey and I decided we would see more if we walked every where instead of taking public transportation - our legs and feet were killing us by the end of the trip. It was a fantastic trip and we had a wonderful time!!! I will post a blog entry for each day with my favorite pictures of the sites. I will apologize in advance, sorry for the over kill of pictures to come!

Special thanks to my mom and dad who came to our house to take care of Cooper and the cats while we were gone. It was great knowing all was well at home while we were seeing the world.

1 comment:

Heather said...

FUN!!! Looks like you guys had the same trip we did - we did all the same stuff! I'm glad you had a good time! Happy anniversary!