Saturday, May 16, 2009

Happy Birthday DaDa!

Corey's 32nd Birthday was this past Wednesday - May 13th (be sure to mark your calendars for next year). I was in Virginia Beach for the week attending a conference for work (will update in a separate post). Corey had made comments a couple of times before I had left that he couldn't believe I was going to miss his birthday. So, I talked to my government client and boss and asked if I could leave the conference early and surprise him - they said absolutely! I had talked to Corey a couple of times earlier in the day and unfortunately he was not having a great day! He started ranting that it had been the worst day, now he had to come home, eat hot dogs and spend the evening by himself on his birthday! Little did he know that I was parked in our development, where he couldn't see me but I could see him, waiting for him to get home. Once he pulled in the driveway, got Cooper out of the car, headed into the house and closed the garage door - I pulled into the driveway. I started to get out of the car with birthday cake, champagne, and dinner in hand when Corey starting walking out the front door - he had forgotten his laptop. I was so bummed because I wanted to ring the door bell and surprise him. But oh well, he was completely shocked and couldn't believe I had pulled one over on him! He thanked me repeatedly for coming home and that me surprising him made it a Happy Birthday! Yeah me!

Here is a picture of Corey and his cake. The cake was delicious! It's called a Mozart cake - it is the signature cake of Sugar Plum in Virginia Beach. Yes, I drove 3 1/2 hours with the air conditioning blasting and me freezing so the cake would not melt. Here is the description - 3 split layers of yellow cake filled with a layer of raspberry filling and a layer of Bavarian crème filling. The cake is iced in vanilla butter cream and finished with melted chocolate fudge and a purple rose. We are not cake people but this cake was absolutely deadly! Thanks H-Butt for a fantastic recommendation!

Cooper's present to DaDa was "Uh Oh". He learned a new word on DaDa's birthday and now he can't stop saying it! It's too cute!

Ever since Corey received an email from UVA that U2 was playing a concert at Scott Stadium he has been asking me if I wanted to go and if we should buy tickets. Every time I said no and that I didn't want to go to the concert. Which is true - I know a lot of you are thinking I am crazy but I only know like two U2 songs... However, I could tell he really wanted to go so I decided to give him two tickets for his birthday. He was pleasantly surprised! So, we are headed to the U2 concert in October - guess I need to start downloading songs off iTunes so I can learn.

Happy Birthday DaDa!!! We love you very much!!!!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Happy Birthday Corey! What a wonderful wife you have--I love this story!