Thursday, January 12, 2012

What is your Mommy and Daddy's job?

Every evening we receive an email from Cooper's school telling us what they did for the day.  So when we saw that the class had drawn pictures of their Mommy and Daddy's jobs, Corey and I were unsure what exactly Cooper would draw.  Half of our family doesn't understand exactly what we do for a living so how was our three year old going to draw it or explain it to the teacher.  Corey guessed he would draw a computer or an airplane for his trips to London.  Since I work from home four days a week I wasn't sure what Cooper would draw - maybe a telephone. 

So here was our dinner conversation -

M: "Cooper, I heard from your teachers today that you drew pictures of Mommy and Daddy's jobs." 

C: "Yes."

D: "So, what did you draw?"

C: "Hehe!!!  Ummmm, I drawed a hammer for Momma. Haha Haha"

M: "A Hammer?  Why did you draw a hammer?"

C:  "Just cause!  I wanted to."

M: "But, Cooper a hammer has nothing to do with Momma's job."

C: "I know but I like to draw hammers"

D: "So, what did you draw for my job?"

C: "Grass and a lawn mower."

D:  "Oh wow!  Why did you draw that?"

C: "Because you like to mow the grass all the time."  Which is so far from the truth!!!  We have a riding mower a Corey still complains about mowing the grass.

So, according to Cooper's art work I believe his teachers and friends think we own a home improvements / lawn mowing business.  I have no idea what he tell's the teachers in his class with his imagination and sense of humor.  Every evening I brace myself for the stories I am going to hear from the teachers.  And the worst part is I know they filter what they tell me. =)

No comments: