Yesterday was a day full of doctor's appointments for Cooper and me!
We have decided to take an alternative approach to the CDC's recommended vaccination schedule. We are using an alternative schedule by Dr. Sears; which spreads the shots out over time. Instead of getting 4 and 5 shots at a time at his 2nd, 4th and 6th month appointments with this schedule he only gets a max of two shots at his 2nd, 3rd, 4th 5th, 6th, and 7th month appointments. Which means we are seeing the doctor more but oh well! So, in the morning Cooper got his Haemophilus influenzae type b (HIB) and Pneumococcal shots. The nurse prepped me by telling me the Pneumococcal vaccination really hurts and all babies cry - WELL MINE DIDN'T. He actually laughed!!! What a brave little man! So, four shots down and not one tear!
I did not fair as well...in the afternoon I had a dentist appointment. I have a back molar that is KILLING me! So the dentist took a quick look and gave me the prognosis that I had been expecting - root canal and crown are needed! Wonderful! The first appointment available was October 3rd so I am on antibiotics and vicodin until then. Fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Hooray for Cooper! And so sorry about your tooth. :-(
O well I guess you may be knocked up for the UVA MD game the 4th u u get mor pain killers!! LOL!!
Post a Comment