Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Cooper's 1st day at daycare!

Yesterday was Cooper's first day at daycare and my first day back to work. Corey and I dropped Cooper off at daycare around 7:45 in the morning. It was really hard leaving him behind! This was the first time in 10 weeks that I had been away from him longer than an hour - yep an hour!

I struggled through the day and called the daycare numerous times to check on him. I finally caved in and picked him up at 2:00. Which was fairly decent for our first day apart!

The daycare staff said he did great and never cried (I wonder if they tell all the mother's that)! He only took three quick naps during the day. I guess the new sights, smells and sounds kept him simulated and awake. In the car we did not get even a half of a mile from the daycare before he was snoozing! He slept for the majority of the evening. Daycare wears him out!

So, there is another milestone for Cooper and for me! However, if it was up to me and we didn't have a mortgage payment I would opt to stay home. This working stuff is for the birds!

Oh, I almost forgot....
The best part of my day was walking into daycare to pick him up and when he saw me he got the biggest smile on his face and squealed! I turned into mush! He definitely has his mommy wrapped around his little finger!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww.... So cute!! He is going to break some one's heart one day!!!

Anonymous said...

I told you it would be cool to pick him up....good job mom....
love crissie, gerry and trace