Monday, June 11, 2007

Grass, Trees and Bees are not my Friends

So today I had my appointment with the allergist at Allergy Care Center.

Allergy test results:
I am allergic to 28 out of the 102 items they stuck in my arm and that does not include bee venom (now I require an epi-pen).

The Allergist stated that most people are only allergic to one or two things but no not me - 28 things. So the diagnosis is allergy shots twice a week until I get into maintenance mode whatever that means. In addition to the shots I have to take allergy pills, eye drops and a nasal spray twice daily.

Tomorrow I am off to the eye doctor...

2 comments:

Heather said...

Good grief! Such an over-achiever! :-) Hope the shots don't hurt too much...

Anthony Santoro said...

Maintenance mode probably means you'll go from 2/week to 1/week to biweekly to monthly -- by that point, apparently AFTER the first full allergy cycle, you'll be in maintenance mode.

Grass and alder can both bite my ass, for the record. Mostly the grasses, though.

Get ready -- those shots can itch like hell. :)